And you are making me cry! And you shared could be labelled as anything but trivial! Or if it is at all, I wish everybody could have the capacity to tell trivial stories the way you do!
I was so pissed off yesterday of a guy who was imagining he could outsmart me! On Saturday, I went to my cozy small restaurant in my neighborhood after being done with gym to have some pasta by myself (which is a ritual).
The staff are my friends. I was served by a new person. He was very pleasant to say the least! After serving a few tables, he greeted everybody and left the restaurant. I was confused and asked one of my friends, "Isn’t he the new manager?"
He smiled and said, "No, he's a friend of mine". I was impressed. I rarely witness such acts of generous service. I asked my friend to tell him how much it was appreciated!
My friend made the mistake to share my contact with him without taking my permission. I accepted his invitation, given the genuine connection we had and we had a sweet discussion around it!
Then, he wanted to know what I was doing for a living. I said: It doesn't really matter! I'm doing my best of leave everything a little more beautiful! I explained explicitly that I was not into small talks. Then he asked whether I was single.
I was like "Is he kidding me? Can't he see that he's being really annoying with his superficial questions?!". I said firmly, "Well, that's also part of small talks, it seems to me!". He apologized and started talking a bit about politics.
I said I was not interested in the topic and shared this piece with him: https://medium.com/illumination-curated/shall-we-talk-politics-without-politics-1053b1887b72
I wanted him to understand which kind of person I was. He said he was impressed by my intellectual level and that he better understands why I was not interested in relationships!
- What? Who said such a thing? Healthy relationships are, to me, the foundation of a healthy and meaningful life!
- Oh, so you're saying that there are healthy and toxic relationships?
- Correct and you might better understand if you have a look at my writings; I'm completely sharing myself to the public.
- Well, I'd prefer talking to you directly!
- Well, I'm afraid I don't like repeating myself! I exclusively talk about what matters to me and what could be discovered through my sharing if it resonates with the person! That's how my healthiest relationships started: some common understanding of life.
- That's a pity cauz I felt physically and morally attracted to you!
- Oh, so now you're explicitly saying being interested in dating! I'll be very clear: I'm not and would only offer a soul friendship if there is room for it at all!
- I can only understand and respect you're not interested in romantic partnership...
- I never said I wasn't. I'm not interested in this "standard" dating which starts with a physical attraction. It's too superficial for me!
- I'm simply being direct and admitting it! It's not even a flattery, and it's the first thing we see after all!
- Well, that's specifically the problem, but I can see where you're coming from and that's okay! Now I need to focus on my new creation! You take care!
- Good night.